Thursday, July 16, 2009

Smiling while you are being attacked...

Isn't that what Jesus told us to do. Smile while you are being attacked...turn the other cheek. As someone with a great sense of justice and "right and wrong", this particular concept is extremely difficult for me. I have a neighbor that has been literally harassing and almost stalking us for about the last 1 1/2 years. We and many other neighbors have repeatedly called law enforcement and each time they have said that they asked her to leave us alone, but there is "no law against bad behavior." WHAT!!!??? I thought laws were made to protect us from people and their bad behavior.

So yesterday in my feeble attempt to push forth my Christian way of life, I smiled at this woman as she drove by my home as the children and I were getting in our car. Now this next part is hilarious and pitiful, yet very hard for me to accept. Not only did she NOT accept my precious smile that I decided to allow her to have....she called my husband's PLACE OF BUSINESS and left a message with one of the employees that my husband needed to put a bag "over his ugly wife's face!" Now I know that I am not ugly and that this woman is mentally unbalanced, but still....come on.

Point of all of this...just because you decide that you are suddenly going to shine the full force of Jesus upon a situation does NOT mean that it will be fixed or get easier. Do you think Satan likes this???? It may get harder and more difficult to walk the Christian path. What would you? revert back to fighting with this lunatic or continue to smile as you are being attacked. I choose to smile........

No comments:

Post a Comment